updates. photographs. recipes. inspirations.

Friday, July 30, 2010

New Beginnings



Wow! What a week filled with packing, moving, and surprises! As you may know already, Will and I moved to Jackson yesterday. We are all moved in to our new, little abode, and the unpacking and organizing is underway! The Lord is GOOD! I will be sure to post pictures on a later blog once we get all settled in!

On a MUCH more EXCITING note: My sister Amy and her husband Ben(Will's cousin...Mississippi for ya!) live in Clinton, MS which is about 20 minutes from our new place. They invited both Ben's family and our family over for dinner last night to celebrate Ben graduating law school and his finishing of the BAR exam. (WAY to GO Benny Blue Boo :)

Meanwhile, while we were all inside getting ready to eat, Amy hands my mom and Ben's mom each a gift bag, and says something like, "this is for the dad's too, but we just wanted to give y'all this to thank you for being so supportive of Ben and I during these past three years." Sooo, the moms proceed to open the cute, little gift bag, and pull out a decorated piece of card-stock. On the card-stock was a Bible verse, picture of a sonogram, the due date, and "Baby Morgan" written on it! My mom and Ben's mom both screamed in excitement, and then everyone in both families began jumping with joy! (Some of us are STILL jumping!) The emotions in the room were filled with happy tears, shock, and excitement! Everyone is so very happy for Amy and Ben and cannot wait to meet this precious little baby around March 5, 2011!

I am so very excited about being an AUNT! I'm also so happy that Will and I are so close to Ben and Amy, and that we will get to help share in this special new beginning of their lives together with this little gift from God :)

5 comments:

  1. Yessssss... I have been secretly hoping you would start a blog because a) I knew it would be precious, and b) I knew fun things would be going on in your life! Congrats on becoming an aunt and the big move to Jackson, and welcome to the blog world! I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea to tell everybody they are preggers! I love it! So glad you are going to be so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren! Thank you! We are loving Jackson so far, and I'm so excited about being an aunt. And yes, I finally broke down and joined the blogging world...I'm glad you like it :) I love reading your blog too! I MISS YOU! Maybe we will run into each other in Starkville this fall at some games?!! Hope you are doing really well!!

    Laura! I thought it was a pretty cute idea too :) We're really happy about being here! Can't wait for you to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haley,
    (Grandma) Debbie gave me your blog address, how exciting the many changes that are happening in your life! I'm so happy for you and all the things the Lord is doing, especially your marriage to Will. This blog will be a blessing to many. I started one in January, soon after the Lord brought me completely out of the depression I had been in for so long. So glad to be connecting to you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracey!

    I'm so glad that Mimi gave you the web address to our blog! She told me you had a blog too and I would love to get that address from you. I am so thankful to hear of you doing so well and that the Lord is at work! Little Julian is adorable, by the way! Mimi has shown us lots of pictures :) Maybe we can meet him one day in the near future?!

    Thank you for the sweet comment. We are loving married life, and are so grateful to the Lord for his provision in our marriage thus far! I look forward to staying in touch with you!

    ReplyDelete