updates. photographs. recipes. inspirations.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

Happy Monday, all! Hope your weekend was lovely!

If you are experiencing the "Monday Blues" as I call it, here is a yummy recipe that might get your taste-buds salivating and that you may want to try for your breakfast in the morning.

Baked Oatmeal. Ever heard of it?

When I used to think of oatmeal, I used to think of "healthy, old people" breakfast. But now, I have truly come to enjoy oatmeal--especially this sweet, new Baked Oatmeal recipe. For any of you who have a huge sweet tooth like me, I think you will love it. Will says it tastes like an oatmeal cookie. I agree. It's that good.

So for your ingredients, all you need is:

1/2 cup of oil
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
2 tsp. of vanilla
1 tsp. of baking soda
3 cups of old fashion oats
fresh strawberries and/or blueberries



In a large bowl, stir together all of the above ingredients {except strawberries and blueberries}.


Transfer to an 8 in., greased {pam-sprayed} dish. Bake at @ 350 for 30-35 mins. Serve with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of milk on top. Bacon is a good side for it, too! It gives you a little bit of sweet and salty.


I added fresh blueberries from Will's grandparents house to mine. It was delicious. Well anything with fresh blueberries from Granny and Granddaddy's house is delicious!

And if you want, invite sweet company like these two to enjoy with you!

There you have it! Baked Oatmeal! If you decide to try it, let me know what you think! Enjoy :)









3 comments:

  1. Haley, this looks so good! I am going to have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you you little housewife! I love the picture of you in your apron. And I have never heard of baked oatmeal so I am definitely going to try this one out. It looks YUMMMM... Miss you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good! So glad y'all are going to try it! Let me know how you like it! Love getting recipes from the two of your blogs, too :) Keep the posts coming! Miss both of you!

    ReplyDelete