updates. photographs. recipes. inspirations.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Easy-Peasy Blueberry Cobbler

Hello, readers! Hope you all had a nice, relaxing weekend. Will and I did! We did absolutely nothing, and I was completely okay with that! It's good to have a little down-time once in a while.

So from the last post you read, Will and I went blueberry pickin', and we have over 4 gallons of blueberries at our home that are just waiting to be eaten! We've enjoyed eating them already by putting them on our cereal in the mornings and making blueberry pancakes.


We also enjoyed eating the blueberries in the Easy-Peasy Blueberry Cobbler I made. My Maw-maw baked this cobbler all growing up and she taught me how to make it in the sixth grade. Yes, it is that easy and very yummy!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup of sugar (different use)
3/4 cup of self-rising flour
3/4 cup milk
Ice cream or whipped cream  or both :)

One of the things I love about this cobbler recipe is that all of the ingredients pretty much live in the kitchen already and the only ingredient I had to buy was the cool whip!

Mix blueberries, 2/3 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of water in saucepan.

In a 9x13 Pyrex, place stick of butter and put in oven on 350 degrees to melt.
In a bowl, mix 3/4 cup of sugar, 3/4 cup of self-rising flour, and 3/4 cup of milk. Mix well.
Check on blueberry mixture, and make sure it comes to a good boil.
Pour flour mixture  over melted butter, and then pour blueberry mixture over that. DO NOT STIR. Place in oven on 350 for 35-40 minutes or until brown.
Voila!
Serve with ice cream or whip cream or both! Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this sweet treat as much as we do! Let me know if you try it, and if you like it! Also, if you have any other blueberry recipes, please share :)











'

2 comments:

  1. just going to say that i love that your putting that spoon rest to good use that i gave you!!!!! : ))) love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, love! Boy do I put that spoon rest to good use--it has been on my stove from Starkville to Jackson! I love it and it really does remind me of you :) I miss you and love you lots! I wanna hear about DC!!

    ReplyDelete