updates. photographs. recipes. inspirations.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Workin' for the weekend

Goodmorning, blogger friends! So sorry I've been remiss from the blog for the past couple of weeks, but not a whole, whole lot has been going on around here other than working, Will's summer school night classes, and trying to keep up the house. Boring, I know, but everybody has to put their work in sometime, right?

Thankfully, all of this hard work is going to pay off for both Will and I when we go to the beach for a week with my family this Saturday! I have never looked forward to a vacation this much in my life! My whole family will be there and this happens very far and in between now-a-days.

I can't wait to put my toes in the sand and float in this beautiful water!
 The thing I am looking forward to the most about this vacation is reading on the beach, relaxing by the pool, laughing and cutting up {"playing grab booty" as my dad calls it} with my siblings, boat-rides on the bay, shrimp boil, the list could go on...Needless to say I can't wait to get away from "life" for a few days.


Before going to the beach, I want to paint my nails this color....what do you think?




I've always been a pink and red nail-polish kind-of girl, but I kinda think the blue is funky and fun. I know it has been a big trend this summer so I think I'm gonna try it too!

Also, I want to get this book to read before the movie comes out August 12th.

How cool is it that part of the movie was filmed in Jackson's downtown Fondren?
 Another fun fact I have about The Help is that I met the twin little girls who play Mae Mobley in the movie. They are just as cute in real life as I know they will be in the movie! Can't wait to see it :)


Also, how could I forget to mention, we will be cheering on my little brother's girlfriend, Stephanie Stanford {Miss Delta Blues} on Saturday night in the Miss Mississippi Pageant from Perdido Key! My mom, sister, and I will be making the trip to Vicksburg on Friday night before going to the beach to watch her in the Talent Prelims. We know she will do wonderfully!

Ben, Stephanie, Will and I last weekend! We love her!
Well, that's all I have! Can't wait for Thursday 4 o'clock to get here so my 11 day vacation can start. Needless to say, "I'm working for the weekend." Have a great day y'all!

5 comments:

  1. I love the nail color... go for it! Have fun with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to loooooove the Help! I intentionally read the book as slow as possible because I didn't want it to be over! {And you can TOTALLY pull off that nail polish}. Have so much fun on your family vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're at the beach, the polish is so summer beachy fun--so go for it! WARNING: if you begin reading The Help, you won't be able to put it down--I finished it in 48 hours! It would make a great beach read.

    I love your blog! I love yoU!
    Nations

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so precious! i love that nail color and i am reading The Help now and it's SO good! i've already cried like 5 times. Read it over your break! and HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION!!! I miss you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, love hearing from all of you!! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog...I am really looking forward to this beach trip! I hope you all are having a wonderful summer :)

    ReplyDelete