updates. photographs. recipes. inspirations.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

We're still here!

Poor, neglected blog! Yes, I have been a bad blogger lately, but I can blame it partially on the fact that I have been without a camera for over a month. And also, well, just life happens. {Y'all know about that!}Since my camera decided to just bite the dust one day, I thankfully have had my phone camera as a back-up.  Also, my father-in-law was so gracious and kind to let me take a few snaps on his camera this weekend. With all of this said, do any of you have suggestions for a good camera to look into? I have enjoyed my four year old digital pocket-held Canon camera, but am ready to look into something with a little more focus and a little more advanced. Thoughts or suggestions? What will give me the best picture quality?! Should I stay with Canon? All of you camera fanatics, I need your help!

Below are a few pictures I have snapped on my phone over the past few weeks to keep you up-to-date on our life lately.



We have enjoyed building a couple of fires this fall season using Will's fire pit! We love to roast marshmallows and make s'mores!


I have enjoyed decorating the house for fall! My sister and I went to the Livingston farmer's market a few weeks ago and found pumpkins! We had so much fun walking around to the different vendors and looking at the fresh produce, breads, and jams.

I also made a fall wreath! Pintrest gave me the creative bug. I was DYING to make something, so this is what I did!

All you need is a Michael's, floral wire, and a little bit of hot glue! Voila!
We had fun this weekend going to Starkville and seeing family and college friends. We won't talk about the game, but I loved that it was an early game so we could spend the whole afternoon tailgating in the Junction! We ate and talked, ate and talked, ate and talked until almost dark.



Anna, Haley, Leslie, and Erin

First year roomies!
Amanda and Rebekah!
After we left Starkville, our college friends Amanda and Calvin came to Jackson and spent the night at our house. We loved getting to catch up with them even more. We are so thankful for the many friends we have made in the different chapters of our lives, and pray that even though we may be on different walks of life {and even in separate towns}, our friendships will continue to grow and last forever.


Have a great week, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you Miss Crafty! LOVE that wreath! I'm excited you're looking at getting a good camera... Mine is a Nikon D3100 and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Nikon D5000. LOVE IT! I think it has been replaced with the D5100. Best Buy had mine at almost half the price last time I was there. Can't wait to hear what you end up getting! Britt just told me last night, that my camera was one of the best investment he has ever made! Definitely worth the extra money(in my opinion) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank y'all for the recommendations! Both of you take beautiful pictures! I hope Santa can bring me a new one for Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete