updates. photographs. recipes. inspirations.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

daisies galore!

As you guys know from yesterday's post, it was my birthday. For my birthday, I got not only one bouquet of beautiful Gerber daisies, but two! My husband woke me up with his in the morning, and yesterday afternoon the doorbell rang and lo and behold there was another lovely bouquet of bright-colored Gerber daisies sent from my in-laws! {They know me too well!} By the way, have I mentioned how thankful I am for the sweet family that I married in to? Well, I am. And it's not just because they send me flowers on my birthday. They are some of the most thoughtful and generous people I have ever met. {That could be a whole other post in itelf!}


The above flowers are from Will and the below flowers are from my in-laws.



Speaking of in-laws, here is a picture of all of us on our wedding day.



So, you might be wondering, "Why does she keep talking about these flowers?" I guess you could say that flowers are pretty and they make me happy. More than that, when flowers are given or sent to you for some sort of occasion {or it may not be any occasion at all} they serve as a constant reminder of who took the time to think and remember you.

Because I have all of these flowers now, I want to enjoy them as much as I can. So, I have decided to make "mini" vases of daises to place all around the house. That way, I can have a little bit of happiness in every room of the house. {Well maybe not every room, but still, the ones we are in the most.}















And even after I made all of these mini vases, I still have these beauties to enjoy!


There you have it! I have created six smaller arrangements from the two larger arrangements. The best part about making smaller arrangements out of the bigger ones is that you get to enjoy a little bit of happiness all over the house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment