updates. photographs. recipes. inspirations.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

23 is okay with me!

Today is my birthday which means I am another year older,another year wiser???. I sometimes don't know what to think about being another year older but I am. I sometimes wish I could go back in time and be a little kid for a day. The care-free days of roller-blades and trampolines, pop-cycles and push-ups, spotlight and 'go fish.' {The list could go on} Coming to grips that those days have come to an end can be a hard thing at times for me, but at the same time it teaches me to appreciate and enjoy every chapter of life that I am in. My high school and college days have come to an end, but I am now learning to love my life as a wife, aunt, and a working gal ;)Every new chapter of life is sweet, and it reminds me of the Lord's continual faithfulness through it all.

I feel like life is all about learning. I am learning to count my blessings daily. For me, one of the biggest blessings in my life is my husband Will.


This a picture of the two of us today. We were introduced to each other exactly 6 years ago as prom dates for Will's senior prom. Little did we know that 6 years later we would be married. I often tease Will by saying, "You were just a high school prom date." Nooo, Will is much more to me than that. I could go on and on about all of the things I am thankful for about Will and all of his amazing qualities and characteristics, but I won't bored y'all with that. Instead, I will show you a few pictures of his thoughtfulness to me by making my birthday extra special!


This morning, I woke up to this delicious breakfast and beautiful bouquet of Gerbers {my favorite}!


He took me to dinner tonight at Walker's where we wined and dined. We shared the portabella fries for an appetizer, and then I enjoyed my house salad and scrumptious shrimp and grits for my entree. He then surprised me at home with a yummy cookie cake!



He invited these people over to celebrate, too :)





Needless to say, my birthday has been wonderful. I am so thankful for my 23 years of life and can't wait to see what the other chapters of my life have to unfold. Until then, I am content and happy of where the Lord has me. 23 is okay with me :) Night, all!

5 comments:

  1. awww, this is such a cute post! glad ur birthday was everything u wanted it to be! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious post Haley! You are such a beautiful young lady and I am glad you are embracing this chapter in your life! you are a joy to work with and i LOVED all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts Haley! So glad you enjoyed your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Glad I now know your blog- Im adding you to my list!! Yay! Mine is boandlanebaxter.blogspot.com!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words! I love hearing your feedback!

    Jen-you are wonderful! you bring so much joy and happiness to everyone you come in contact with and I admire you for that! i'm really going to miss you, come may :(

    Lane-so glad to know y'all have a blog! i'm definitely adding you to my list to follow!

    ReplyDelete